Many search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Yandex feature a tab for local search results. Facebook also has a local business channel for ads. These include local sales ads that cover a limited area within the reach of a local store. For example, a Chanel boutique in Changi International Airport Terminal 1 in Singapore may publish sales ads that target those within a mile from the shop. This will likely make visitors inside the airport go buy something.
People using smartphones for search are the most viable targets for targeted ads. smartphones use technologies like GPS and cell sites enable such ads. This means you should have a local business page in multiple networks like Google My Business, Yelp, and Facebook for Business, among others. Uber takes a similar approach by letting passengers know that there are cars around that they can hire.
Advantage of Local Sales Ads
Using local ads has the following advantages:
- Cheaper – the price for this type of ads is cheaper than those that cover wider areas like countries and cities. Therefore, fewer people will receive the ad.
- More Sales – when people are nearby your shop, they will be more likely to go there to buy, unlike a person eight miles away who can either be not interested nor is too lazy to drive to your shop’s location.
- Efficient – your marketing budget will be used efficiently because these ads will be shown to people who are very likely to buy from your shop. It gives more value for your weekly sales ads.
- Faster – compared with non-targeted ads, local sales ads does not compete with other non-local ads when it comes to being shown to the users.
- Gives you more visibility – in many cases, people don’t know whether a shop exists or not. This is especially true for tourists who are visiting the place for the first time. They may have done their search before they leave their houses, but they will not remember all the shops, much less know all the shops in an area.
- Pinpoint – Google Now app has updated its function recently to include results showing how far the user is from a shop. Foursquare and other apps do the same. We can expect more of such technologies to follow in the future.
Don’t Be Left Behind
If you haven’t done so, you should try publishing local sales ads as soon as possible. Dip your toes into the water: see whether it can help you boost your sales or not; start small. Try altering settings like the coverage area, age, time when ads are shown, etc. But remember that you need great copies of your local ads; get them from a reliable content writing company like iPresence Business Solutions.
However, local sales ads are just a piece of the puzzle. You should still actively engage other customers because you will never know when they will come to your area; they may even be too engaged that they may travel all the way to your shop just to buy – just look at the lines outside an Apple Store during product launches – and you will get an idea of what we mean.