The ultimate meaning of “rewrite” is “to write something again for alteration or improvement”. Put it in content writing context, and the result is almost the same, except that replacing words with its synonyms and changing the placement of sentences do not suffice. Article rewriting is an SEO content strategy that transforms duplicates into original copies. However, it should not be mistaken with article spinning; otherwise, Google will rank a website low.
What Is Article Spinning?
In article spinning, the idea, word placement, and sentence construction remain the same. You would need to replace important words with its synonyms. An original copy can be duplicated three to five times or more. Targeted keywords are inserted to drive traffic, but it does not guarantee Google ranking. The goal of article spinning is to provide content to article directories or blog sites.
How Is Article Rewriting Different?
Rewriting, on the other hand, sources information from multiple original copies and then rewrite it into a duplicated article. It is possible that the writer presents an entirely different premise, but offers similar supporting information. Keywords are stuffed to conform to the natural flow of the text. An online article rewriter is cautious not to commit plagiarism even though the information is not entirely original.
Most Common Mistakes in Article Rewriting
Below are some of most common mistakes even seasoned writers commit in article rewriting, and ways to avoid it.
- Unless you are writing for online article directories, do not spin copies. Instead, read a couple of related articles, and then rewrite them based on your chosen angle.
- Using unnecessary words. Do not write verbosely or use too many jargons if the subject is not technical. Even medical excerpts are written in layman’s terms. Improve the article’s readability up to 10-point Flesch-Kincaid score.
- Recycling content is a big no. Since you are combining information from multiple sources, it would be redundant to recycle content from a duplicated copy. Albeit it is a rewritten copy, strive to offer fresh content to your audience.
- Avoid the use of the first-person perspective. It takes a certain level of familiarity to get used to the second-person point of view, particularly in blogs. Adjectives are encouraged but not to the extent of portraying personal emotions.
To Use or Not to Use Article Rewriter Software
Despite the advancements in technology, man has not yet created a computer that can equal his intelligence. Refrain from using article rewriting software, because it has no capability of constructing sentences the way humans do. It will mess with the grammar and even insert words that are non-existing or incorrect, while you attempt to rewrite.
Jobs for Article Rewriters
Jobs for article re-writers are not always available. Rates are also relatively lower, but if you wish to rewrite during your downtime, it is a valuable source of income and an avenue to harness your writing skills.
The skills of a rewriter and that of a copywriter is the same. The jobs only differ in demand for creative ideas. Even though your job is to rewrite articles, assume it is a journalistic position. iPresence Business Solutions also cater to rewriting needs with guaranteed fresh content all the time.
Latest posts by iPresence Digital Marketing, Inc. (see all)
- Top 4 Forum Marketing Tips to Generate More Leads and Traffic - October 29, 2018
- Create Brand Visibility With Your Virtual Marketing Assistant - October 26, 2018
- Finding a Social Media Management Agency for Online Entrepreneurs - October 22, 2018