In the ‘90s, authors rely on multimillion publishing companies to release books in print. Today, self-made authors can publish a DIY e-Book on multiple platforms such as Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook, and possibly earn a six-figure income or more on sales. Is this the best time to publish your e books?
The Basics of e-Book Writing
- Thousands of independent authors are publishing multiple titles at a time. What makes your eBook stand out? Has any other author published a similar e-book? Does your target audience prefer digital books rather than hard copies?
- Since your target readers will download eBooks online, it should be available in various formats (.epub, PDF, iBooks et cetera). Is it in full color, with multimedia graphics, or just plain text? Amazon Kindle is restrictive on image-heavy eBooks, so you may have to hire an independent contractor for the formatting.
- Can you reach a network of audience who might be interested in your eBook? Established online entrepreneurs find it fairly easy to market their product via websites, social networking accounts, or email lists.
Why You Need to Publish an e-Book
Publishing an e-book is not just a means to generate income but also an avenue to network with vast audience types.
- Become an authoritative expert in your field. Not everyone has the depth to discuss a specific topic. Authors who successfully publish eBooks, regardless of its length, are regarded as experts in their respective industry.
- Encourage sign-ups from new subscribers. People like to read books online for free. Publishing an e-book and distributing it as an incentive increase the possibility of future sales.
- Monetize your website. Grow your email lists, increase the number of subscribers, get sponsors, and turn web traffic into actual sales.
What Makes Amazon Kindle Different
Amazon Kindle is one of the largest online distributors of both digital and print books. Amazon has access to millions of customers worldwide. It also offers up to 70 percent royalty to sales generated in the U.S., UK, Canada, India, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Spain, and more. Recently, Amazon is planning on overhauling its customer review algorithm to highlight only the most useful and legitimate product reviews.
Mistakes to Avoid When Self-Publishing
Not all self-made authors are able to generate income an e-book. Some books are flop, while others fade from a short-lived stardom. Prevent a disaster in waiting by avoiding these common mistakes.
- Choosing a niche you know little about.
- Prioritizing audience’s needs.
- Limiting your horizon in the writer’s perspective. Start thinking like a publisher.
- Perfecting your first eBook. It will take ages before publishing.
- Absence of a writing routine.
How to Setup an Amazon Kindle Account
Go to www.AmazonKDP.com to setup your Kindle Direct Publishing. Decide whether you want to pay for a one-time publishing fee or 30-70 share on royalties. Settle payment using a verified credit card or Amazon points. Amazon converts your eBook into several formats, and then publishes it in less than five minutes!
Becoming an e-book author is considered a lifestyle job, giving you freedom to monetize your blog and creative ideas during down time. If you want to learn more strategies on self-publishing, visit iPresence Business Solutions’ blog page.