Before the rise of social media, Google has dominated the Web. Search engine optimization (SEO) was the language every website owner is keen on mastering. But for those who are yet to explore online entrepreneurship, what is SEO? To Google something is to look for the most popular, most credible, and most relevant content based on keywords.
SEO Basics to Get You Started
Pick a niche. Choose something that is less competitive and more focused. Competition is tougher on broader topics, and people are always looking for something unique. Second, research on what works best. Study authority websites, and determine why they receive such traffic.
The next step on what is SEO marketing is to supply the right keywords. Use Google Adwords for suggestions. It is also a helpful tool to have an overview of your target market. Finally, create unique content with the keyword you have chosen.
4 Reasons SEO Might be Dead
- Pop-up ads are annoying. Sponsored listings do not define what is SEO anymore, and they are not as effective as they were a few years ago. Instead of clicking on affiliate content links, people do their own research. Organic reach is slowly fading.
- Audience turns to social media for reference. Instead of doing the search themselves, people rely on their friend’s recommendation.
- Niche topics and mobile apps take a part of the lion’s share. Mobile apps allow users to filter topics and contents based on their preferences. Apps like Yelp, Foursquare, and Google+ crowdsource review from customers of specific products.
- Facebook marketing is the new king. If you want to promote startup businesses or connect with you audience in an instant, Facebook delivers real time results. The algorithm is so smart that it directly influences people’s perspectives and purchasing decisions.
SEO Tips for Successful Online Marketing
Below is an SEO checklist to help you successfully market online.
- Analyze your site. Determine your ranking in terms of traffic and log referrals. Also take note of the search terms or keywords most visitors are looking for.
- Choose and write about the right keywords. This is the core of what is SEO. Google is particular in stuffing keywords that makes sense. Otherwise, your website will be flagged as spammer.
- Link back to your website. Most entrepreneurs manage multiple websites at a time. Make sure you link back to each and every one of them. If this is not possible, you can do guest postings so you can promote your product or service on other sites.
- Create search-friendly URLs. As much as possible, keep your website’s name to three words. It is easy to remember, and Google will not have a hard time syndicating your site.
- Avoid embedding Flash or AJAX. As much as it is appealing, it will take longer time to access site.
The world of Web 2.0 is continually changing especially with the influence of social networking sites and mobile apps. As long as Google stays as the largest search engine, you will always need SEO. To help you understand further what is SEO, consult iPresence Business Solutions. The company provides premium SEO content for years now.
Latest posts by iPresence Digital Marketing, Inc. (see all)
- Top 4 Forum Marketing Tips to Generate More Leads and Traffic - October 29, 2018
- Create Brand Visibility With Your Virtual Marketing Assistant - October 26, 2018
- Finding a Social Media Management Agency for Online Entrepreneurs - October 22, 2018