Keyword research is a very important part of content marketing. This is fundamental to the search engine optimization (SEO) process. It is not only about getting a lot of visits to the business’ site every day, but also getting the target audience – a specific group of people the site is aiming to offer its services to. That is why most online marketers use clever keywords or even hire a researcher to maintain the number one spot on search engines.
How To Do Keyword Research
Here are some of the basic steps in performing keyword research:
- Be specific. Get straight to the target market by using what you think the consumers will use in searching. List down these basic keywords.
- Research related items. Other than the main keyword, it is also important to be mindful of the words that are related to the business. Some search engines suggest related topics on the results.
- Check the competitors. Monitoring competition is a practice everyone in the marketing industry does. This also happens online and this is based on how they rank on the search engines with the keywords you choose to use.
- Use keyword tools. Be aware of the search volume and traffic estimate of the keyword you are considering.
Keyword Research Tools
The most popularly-used research tool online is Google AdWords Planner. It offers pay-per-click (PPC) or cost-per-click (CPC), cost per mille (CPM) advertising and remarketing. Unlike the old version (Google’s Keyword Tool), however, AdWords Planner offers less functions and requires the user to create an account. The others which help in keyword popularity research are: WordTracker, which suggests keyword phrases; Ubersuggest, which offers vertical results for images, news, shopping, etc.; WordStream, which filters adult and negative keywords; and Keyword Eye, which allows 10 free keyword searches with 100 results per report.
When it comes to paid tools, MOZ is one of the well-used keyword research devices, which also gives competitive keyword analysis metrics other than the basics. SEMrush also helps in discovering the competitor’s organic and paid keywords. KeywordSpy is a spy, as its name suggests it. It tracks all the advertising activities of the other businesses.
Hire a Keyword Researcher
Concentrating on keyword research alone will take much of your time and effort as a businessman. The steps mentioned above are easy, given that you have all the time in the world and you are not thinking of profits right away. However, this is unhealthy in an online business. That is why the best solution to this is to hire a keyword researcher.
iPresence Business Solution provides quality keyword research service and uses reliable keyword tools. It will give complete and accurate report with keywords that are of low competition, has a minimum of 5000 monthly searches globallyand a minimum of one dollar CPC. It also offers 30 daily Google searches the least. The knowledgeable and competent keyword researchers of iPresence Business Solution are always on top of the business standards.
Latest posts by iPresence Digital Marketing, Inc. (see all)
- Top 4 Forum Marketing Tips to Generate More Leads and Traffic - October 29, 2018
- Create Brand Visibility With Your Virtual Marketing Assistant - October 26, 2018
- Finding a Social Media Management Agency for Online Entrepreneurs - October 22, 2018