Are you tired of the traditional marketing strategies that are not delivering your desired results? Shift now to social media, the innovative and emerging leader in business promotions. This brand of promotions takes advantage of internet popularity and accessibility of social media platforms to reach instantly target markets at a much lower cost.
Role of Social Media in Business Promotions
What makes social media effective in business promotions? For one, it gives business managers and owners like you the opportunity to manage directly their brand, service, or product information through interactive website platforms. Secondly, you can keep customers interested in your product through social network shout outs, company activity updates, and publishing product reviews. Thirdly, you can make your products and services the topic of forum discussions, and even encourage commentaries. Thirdly, you can obtain more website traffic by gaining backlinks from blogs and promotional articles. Truly, the beneficial results of using social media are never ending. All these and more you can easily get using the popular social media platforms to promote your products and services.
Popular Social Media Platforms That Are Useful in Promoting Products and Services
- Facebook: Used by almost 92 percent of the world’s netizens, this social network provides the ideal environment and the right opportunity for a brand to advertise and to be widely recognized. In a recent survey, Facebook users indicated that the social network has greatly influenced their purchasing behavior. In the US alone, not less than 138 million unique users visit Facebook every month. Statistics also show that when offered by great deals or discounts, more or less 60 percent of Facebook users are willing to share and make posts about a product or service.
- LinkedIn: This professional network has over 175 million members all over the world. Its members include top executives from all of the 2011 Fortune 500 companies and used by 85 of the top 100 companies for hiring employees. LinkedIn has also gone mobile, used by 23 percent of its unique visitors. In fact, a recent survey shows that LinkedIn is the emerging leader in B2B lead generation, surpassing Facebook and Twitter.
- Twitter: Lately, Twitter has emerged as the new leader in information dissemination. Almost 62 percent of Fortune 500 companies have active Twitter accounts. Product endorsers are now using Twitter to promote and advertise, as 40 percent of its users admit to regularly search for products in the social media site.
Research Statistics and Analysis
The recently published Social Media Marketing Industry Report states that:
- Ninety-four percent of businesses are now using social media in marketing.
- An estimated 60 percent of marketing experts are allocating almost a day’s worth of work in developing social media marketing strategies and maintaining social media brand leadership.
- Eighty-five percent of the businesses that have incorporated social media in their marketing plans have declared an increase in their product exposure and brand strength.
This report just proves that what people see or hear on social media has indeed a strong influence on how they think and make decisions about almost every aspect of their daily lives. With social media networks, the rewards are great while the price is cheap. Social media is the simple, very affordable, and highly effective marketing solution that you do not want to let pass. Take advantage now and see your business grow.