Ranked as the most popular social networking site by eBizMBA Rank, Facebook has a lot more to offer other than finding your old high school friends. As it has grown to 900 million users (and counting), there is a huge opportunity to offer products and services on its network. Facebook announced that it has 40 million active small business or SMB pages just last June. The site is now boasting of what is called “Facebook marketing”.
What is Facebook Marketing?
Facebook Marketing is getting the attention of prospect consumers through advertising and letting them share the knowledge to their friends or what is called the electronic word of mouth (eWoM). These advertised products and services are usually generated based on the user’s interests written on their and their friends’ profiles. When one of your friends “liked” an online shop, for instance, you will be able to see a suggestion or recommendation by Facebook and its latest post that your friend “liked” on your news feed.
Facebook Marketing Strategy
Facebook promises that it will help you reach one’s business goals by driving online sales, increasing local sales, promoting your app and raising brand awareness. By setting up a page, Facebook marketing allows a business to reach its target audience by location, age, gender, interests, etc. It also helps in measuring the effectiveness of their advertisements by tracking the customer’s purchases on the business’ website.
It is also a key factor that Facebook is an interactive site – letting the consumers contact the business owners directly. Allowing the prospect clients to post comments on an SMB page will leave a good and lasting impression of the business, even when it is small or a start-up.
Effective Facebook Marketing for Small Businesses
Here are a few of the things an SMB must consider to make its Facebook marketing more effective:
- Focus on the business goals. Do you just want to get a lot of “likes” or get them and convert them into sales?
- Update status on a regular basis at certain times of the day and post “special” announcements on unexpected but still prime hours of the day (prime hours being the hours when most users on that particular area are active).
- Invest on Facebook Ads. To get a good Facebook marketing outcome, one must consider spending on This will help in making the business visibility higher than the free and basic Facebook page.
- Tag page followers on promos and discount offers. This will make the consumers feel that they are being personally invited to avail of the promos the business is giving away.
- Splash on a few contests here and there. Be generous by giving the product or service for free through a game or contest. This will not only increase the number of page followers but will also help in creating that lasting business impression. This will gain more avid customers.
Facebook is, indeed, one of the most influential social networking sites in the world. It has helped in reuniting families, in preserving memories and in fulfilling an individual’s business ambition. And if you are in need of experts who can help you get started, iPresence Business Solutions is a great example of a Facebook marketing company that you can trust.